Some notes from around the baseball world:
- It sounds like Freddy Garcia would like to remain with the Tigers past this season. If his first start is any indication of his ability, the Tigers should pay the man.
- Jim Leyland went nuts on Angel Hernandez the other night in Arlington. Now he’s paying for it with a three game suspension.
- Freddy Garcia says that Magglio Ordonez reminds him of Edgar Martinez. Magglio has his eyes set on a second consecutive batting title.
- The Detroit Free Press suggests that Derek Lowe would be a nice fit in the Tigers rotation. I don’t know if I totally agree. Lowe is 35, so the Tigers would have to get him with a Kenny Rogers like deal (short term). Also, Lowe is coming from the NL to the AL, that almost always leads to poorer performance.
- The Tiger will start the 2009 season on the road. Check out more the highlights here.
- The Rays have called up last years number one pick, David Price. The Rays will probably use Price out of the bullpen the rest of this season.
- Apparently Gary Sheffield is a little nuts about his uniform (Bless You Boys).
- Billfer covers The Beatles, Tigers style. (Detroit Tigers Weblog).
- Over at Tiger Tales, Lee highlights what the Tigers 2009 starting rotation could look like.